Today Mayor Kirk Caldwell announced a City-wide reopening strategy based on COVID-19 metrics. The Honolulu Department of Parks and Recreation has provided a more detailed graph (attached) reflecting the information within that strategy as it relates to our parks and facilities. Most notably::
- Groups of 5 are allowed in parks and beaches beginning Thursday, Sept. 24 and the following park facilities are scheduled to reopen that date:
- Off-leash dog parks
- Exercise equipment
- Shooting & archery ranges
- Outdoor play courts
- Pop-up canopies require a permit, cannot be larger than 10’ x 10’, and must be 12’ feet apart. Visit the special website for more info: bit.ly/CanopyPermit
- The online camping reservation reopens at 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 25 for camping beginning Friday, Oct. 9. Campsites will be limited to a maximum of 5 people.
- City pools are scheduled to reopen on Monday, Sept. 28 for lap swimming only. Previous COVID-19 protocols will be in place.
Mahalo and stay healthy.