(Via Ho’okele News)
The Navy and National Park Service need more than 700 active duty military personnel from all services to volunteer in various events commemorating the 74th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor.
The joint National Park Service and U.S. Navy 74th Anniversary Pearl Harbor Day commemoration will be held beginning at 7:45 a.m. Dec. 7 at Kilo Pier, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam.
Volunteers are needed to help with the Navy and National Park Service 74th Anniversary Pearl Harbor Day commemoration, USS Utah Memorial sunset ceremony,
USS Oklahoma Memorial ceremony, USS Arizona interment ceremony and the FOX Sports Pearl Harbor Invitational. Volunteer tasks include the following:
• Nov. 24 Dec. 3: Grounds preparation, ceremony setup, staging
• Dec. 1-7: Site preparations and event day support for the FOX Sports Pearl Harbor Invitational at Bloch Arena
• Dec. 6: USS Utah Memorial sunset ceremony, setup and breakdown
• Dec. 7: Navy and National Park Service Pearl Harbor Day commemoration, ushers, escorts, parking attendants and crowd control • Dec. 7: USS Oklahoma Memorial ceremony, setup/breakdown and ushers
• Dec. 7: USS Arizona interment ceremony, sideboys and setup/ breakdown
Volunteering provides an opportunity for active duty members to personally contribute to the Pearl Harbor Day commemoration, preserving the memory and honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice 74 years ago.
To volunteer, contact Chief Ken Bohan at Kenneth.firstname.lastname@example.org, (904) 434-9485, or Lt. Cmdr. Michael Genta at michael.genta @navy.mil, (808) 473-5752. Volunteers should sign up by Nov. 24.
For general information about Pearl Harbor Day events, contact the JBPHH Public Affairs Office at 473-2926 or 473-2880, or visit http://www.pearlharborevents.com.