(Via Ho’okele News)
The Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam Morale, Welfare and Recreation July 4 Celebration will begin at 3:30 p.m. Friday on Ward Field.
Multi-platinum recording artists 3 Doors Down will headline the evening’s entertainment at 7:30 p.m.
The event finale will consist of a fireworks show which begins at 9 p.m.
Free activities will include a petting zoo, “Xpress Train,” airbrush tattoos, batting cage and a 360-degree photo booth. The event will also include free pizza samples while supplies last and a car show exhibit.
Rides will be available for purchase. There will be food and beverage booths.
Food choices will include hot dogs, burgers, plate lunches and sweets.
Participants can register and have their sponsor’s punch card filled before turning it in at the sponsor’s tent. They will have a shot at prizes including gift cards and a trip to Las Vegas.
Safety guidelines for July 4
For the safety and security of patrons, and to expedite entry into the event, the following guidelines have been issued for the July 4 celebration at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam.
The following items are not permitted:
* Audio and video recording devices and cameras, including tablets and computers, computer bags and camera bags.
* Purses larger than a clutch bag.
* Food and beverage, water bottles, coolers or thermoses.
* All bags including backpacks, briefcases, fanny packs and cinch bags.
* Seat cushions, wagons, umbrellas or luggage of any kind.
* Tents or barbecues.
* Weapons and blades of any type.
* Pets and animals with the exception of service animals.
The following are permitted items:
* Cell phones.
* Strollers for infants and/or children in attendance and diaper bags with diapers, infant bottles with formula, infant and toddler food.
* Hand-carried ponchos, hats, sunscreen, jackets, blankets, folding chairs not to exceed 32 inches in height. Leave all chair bags in your car.
* Clutch purses or clutch bags, with or without handle or strap, five inches height by seven inches by one inch deep.
* Items can be carried in a clear, disposable plastic bag, no larger than quart size (seven inches by eight inches).
Exceptions may be made for those with extenuating medical circumstances.
All personnel and items are subject to search.
North Road will be closed from noon until the end of event from Nimitz Gate to the Pearl Harbor Boulevard intersection street along Ward Field.
Pearl Harbor Boulevard will be closed from 8 p.m. until the end of event from North Road to Scott Pool (the street along Bravo piers).