(Via Ho’okele News)
Upcoming Memorial Day observances and activities have been planned. They include:
* The National Park Service will conduct special white boat harbor tours at 2:45 p.m. May 23-25. Boat launches to the memorial after 2:45 p.m. will be suspended during this time. Reservations only accepted.
For more information, visit http://www.nps.gov/valr.
* The Friends of the Natatorium Memorial Day event will be held from 10 to 11 a.m. May 25 at the Waikiki World War I War Memorial Natatorium. The event is open to the public. Speakers will include Air Force Gen. Herbert Carlisle and U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard.
* Roll Call of Honor in Remembrance ceremony will be held from 10 to 11 a.m. May 25 at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl.
* Annual Veterans Candlelight Memorial Day Ceremony will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. May 25 at National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl.
* Commander Navy Region Hawaii and Naval Surface Group Middle Pacific Memorial Day ceremony will be held at 7:30 a.m. May 26 at the Pearl Harbor Memorial Fountain.
* National Park Service morning colors special joint-service flag raising will begin at 8 a.m. May 26 at the Pearl Harbor Visitors Center.
* Mayor’s Memorial Day Ceremony will be from 8 to 10:30 a.m. May 26 at National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl.
* Kauai Veterans Memorial Day Ceremony will begin at 10 a.m. May 26 in Hanapepe.
* Pacific Fleet Band performance is scheduled from 10 to 11 a.m. May 26 at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center.
* National Park Service unveiling of USS Arizona survey with USS Arizona survivor Don Stratton at 11 a.m. May 26 at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, Haumana Education Room.
* Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam will conduct a rifle salute at noon May 26 from the Ford Island saluting battery in observance of Memorial Day.
* Bowfin Sub Vets Memorial Day ceremony starts at 11 a.m. May 26 at the USS Parche Submarine Memorial Park.
* Governor’s 2014 Memorial Day ceremony will be from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. May 26 at the Hawaii State Veterans Cemetery at Kaneohe.
* National Park Service Memorial Day sunset tour will begin at 3:45 p.m. May 26. The Pacific Fleet Band bugler and Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam Honors and Ceremonies flag detail will perform evening Taps on the Arizona Memorial. Attendance at the event is by reservation only.