Mayor Kirk Caldwell announced today that TheBus will offer a shuttle service, “FootballExpress!” to bring fans to and from Aloha Stadium for the NFL Pro Bowl on Sunday, January 26, with pickup locations in convenient areas all over the island.
50 air conditioned buses will pick up residents from neighborhoods across Oahu and drop them off at the stadium gates. The cost of the service is $6.25 one-way. As this is not a regular bus service, no bus passes or transfers will be accepted.
“Taking the FootballExpress means saving on gas and parking, avoiding driving in traffic, getting dropped off right at the stadium, and no drinking and driving,” said Mayor Kirk Caldwell. “We’re looking forward to an exciting Pro Bowl this year with a brand new format. Please ride TheBus or carpool to the game because there will be a big crowd of NFL fans.”
Pick-up locations and times
- Ala Moana Center: Ala Moana Boulevard (NO FootballExpress! Parking.) 11 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. Frequent service throughout timeframe.
- Waikîkî: Monsarrat at Kapi‘olani Bandstand 10 a.m. to 12:50 p.m. Frequent Service throughout timeframe. Prepaid roundtrip tickets available at Kapi‘olani Park location ONLY.
- Downtown: Alapa‘i Transit Center – Bus Stop #1 11:57 a.m. – 12:52 p.m. Frequent service throughout timeline.
- Hawaii Kai Keâhole St. – Hawaii Kai Transit Center.12:10 p.m.
- Kâhala: Wai‘alae/Kîlauea Across Kâhala Mall on Wai‘alae 12:20 p.m.
- Kaimukî: Koko Head/Wai‘alae Fronting Liliu‘okalani Elementary 12:15 p.m.
- University of Hawaii: Sinclair Circle 12:25 p.m.
- Pâlolo: Wai‘alae/Pâlolo fronting McDonalds 12:17 p.m.
- Village Park: Kupuohi St. – Royal Kunia Park & Ride 12:47 p.m.
- Kapolei: Kamokila Blvd. at Kahuhihewa State Building 12:35 p.m.
- Mililani Mauka: Ukuwai St. – Mililani Park & Ride 12:30 p.m.
- ‘Ewa Beach: Fort Weaver/Kaimalie before ‘Ewa Beach Shopping Center. 12:20 p.m.
- Kalaniana‘ole/Kailua: Across Castle Medical Center. 11:55 p.m.
- Kailua: Keolu/Hele: Across Enchanted Lake Shopping Center. 12:00 p.m.
- Kailua/Hahani: Kailua Shopping Center. 12:05 p.m.
- Kane‘ohe Bay/Môkapu: Fronting ‘Aikahi Shopping Center.12:10 p.m.
- Kane‘ohe Bay/Makalani: Across Windward City Shopping Center. 12:20 p.m.
Kickoff is at 2:00 p.m.
For more information, please call 848-5555 or visit www.TheBus.org.